We want it all because food should be delicious... even when you're on an elimination diet and it has to be allergen-free!

Friday, June 26, 2015

Breakfast on Friday, 6/26/15

On the menu:
Smoothies
"Messy Eggs" (for those who can have them)

OG can have egg whites but not yolks. She cooked two egg whites, having passed one yolk to her sister EL's pan. EL can have whole eggs, but wasn't excited about more that one yolk added to her omelette. She used one whole egg and one extra yolk. Both seasoned with APB and added kale to their omelettes. Both said it was rather boring and that the kale was too hard. ("Messy eggs" normally contains spinach and cheese, but not this time!)


Smoothies are going to be tricky since we can't all have the same things. In the future I think I'll have to make them individually, because this "all-purpose" onemade of stuff everyone can have (and nothing that any one of us is eliminating)was awful... as in, "I will gag if I have to drink this entire thing!" awful. 


The (awful!!) smoothie I made this morning had the following:

2 C. homemade rice milk
A couple of fistfuls of kale
1/4 cucumber
A few pineapple chunks (IMS and EL are supposed to severely limit fruit)
A few mango slices
A couple of frozen strawberries
Ice

The girls had banana added to this basic base, so theirs was passable, but I had to put mine back in the blender and add some berries to make it palatable. I included the recipe only to save you the trouble! This needs something else or it's not very potable.


NOTE: Just this smoothie didn't hold me very well, either. I had to make a snack of carrot and celery sticks and a fingerful of pistachios with sea salt just to tide me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment