We want it all because food should be delicious... even when you're on an elimination diet and it has to be allergen-free!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Dinner on Thursday, 6/25/15

Tonight, EL is babysitting and iivo has a men's "meatfest" at church. I'm marinating some tuna so he can take his meat and enjoy the whole grilling experience without blowing the Elimination Diet.

On the menu:


Fresh tuna steaks, grilled (Ginger-Lime Tuna Marinade)
Basmati Rice with Cilantro and Lime
Black beans
Chopped Vidalia onion, for garnish
Arugula and Baby Kale with Roasted Chickpeas

NOTE: iivo and I cannot have any lettuces or spinach, so the only salad options are baby kale and arugula. Hopefully this salad is good! It is a modified version of one I found online.


For the rice, I cooked basmati in the rice cooker, then stirred in the juice of 1 lime and 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro. It was a little dry. I would cook it softer next time.


For the black bean topping, I gently heated black beans with SSB, adding a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of water to make a bit of a sauce. If we could all have tomatoes, I would have added some of those.



No comments:

Post a Comment