We want it all because food should be delicious... even when you're on an elimination diet and it has to be allergen-free!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Meals on Wednesday, 7/8/15

Breakfast
EL is still at her sister's house, so I'm not sure what she ate.
OG fried herself some egg whites with cooked hamburger in them.
I made a pot of oatmeal for me and iivo.

NOTE on "psychological shift": Iivo bought some "duck eggs boiled in salt water" at the Asian market last night when he went for mung bean sprouts for the Asian Salad. Interestingly, I notice he didn't "dive in" to those this morning. It is definitely a psychological shift to go to duck or turkey eggs (permissible) from chicken eggs. We're finding that it is relatively easy to switch gears into non-traditional alternatives in all areas except animal products. Trying new vegetables, fruits, nut milks and such is no problem, but thinking of trying to prepare and eat buffalo or bison or goat or rabbit (though all are permissible on our elimination diet) is daunting at best and disgusting at worst. Interesting! Hopefully we'll come along in those. I guess the duck eggs in my fridge right now are a first step. (Gag. I don't even like chicken eggs!)

Lunch
EL and I had leftover Asian Pasta from last night and an ear each of fresh sweet corn, since we're the only ones who can have it right now. We also had a half grapefruits and a cup of "Freshca" each.

Desperation Snack

I have been starving for something sweet, and my sister-in-law had posted a "cupcake in a mug" thing on her Facebook wall. I was desperate enough to try to make it work gluten-free. If you're desperate, it wasn't half bad! I present Desperation Cake.

Dinner
EV and RE are coming over for dinner before our prayer meeting tonight. OG has requested:
Pan-Seared Steak in the Oven
Mashed Pocaulies
Arugula and Baby Kale Salad with Apricots

No comments:

Post a Comment